Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
If you have experienced water damage in your Wichita home or business, it can be difficult to determine how to move forward. When water damage occurs, it’s crucial to contact professionals for water restoration immediately. If water damage is not addressed quickly the damages can turn into more than just water extraction and drying, it can compromise the structure, contents, and cause mold. SERVPRO of Southwest Wichita uses moisture monitoring equipment such as protimeters and thermal cameras to effectively measure and document the drying process to ensure your property is dry.
If you have water damage in Wichita or surrounding areas, we can help you. With a team of highly trained technicians, we want to get you back to your preloss conditions.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (316) 260-9011
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.